Part time Internship: US Foreign Policy (4-6 months)
International Women’s Health Coalition (IWHC)
Accounts to: Associate Director, Advocacy and Policy
Based in: Washington, DC
A just and sustainable world where all people, regardless of gender, enjoy their human rights and health, and have power over their lives.
In order to achieve gender justice, IWHC advances the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and adolescent girls by:
- Funding and supporting feminist leaders, organizations, and movements, primarily in the Global South;
- Advocating for international and US policies, programs, and funding, and holding governments to their commitments; and
- Generating knowledge and leading dialogues on critical and emergent issues.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
The intern will provide administrative and other support to the US Foreign Policy team, and to the rest of the Advocacy and Policy team as needed.
- Assisting with research, tracking and monitoring of legislation, and tracking administrative policy and nominations.
- Providing logistical and administrative support for the advocacy and policy team, particularly for the US foreign policy team based in Washington, DC.
- Drafting factsheets for the IWHC website, and other materials as needed.
- Assisting with meeting logistics and note-taking during internal and external meetings.
- Attending events and/or webinars on behalf of IWHC and sharing out information and notes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree
- Demonstrated interest in public health, reproductive rights/justice, international policy, and/or social justice
- Fluent written and spoken English required; other languages, especially Spanish, French, or Portuguese, a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management
- Excellent computer and administrative skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Self-starter attitude, collaborative spirit, and openness to learning and new experiences
COMPENSATION: Hourly pay at $15/hour, 2 days per week with flexible hours, total 14 hours per week
DURATION: 4-6 months, beginning in January 2020.
TO APPLY: Please apply immediately by sending a cover letter, resume, and two names or letters of reference to [email protected], no later than January 3. The subject line should read: “IWHC USFP Intern Application.” No calls or separate email inquiries. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further.
IWHC is an equal opportunity employer. IWHC strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, HIV status or disability. This policy applies to all IWHC activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who contribute to