The Young Advocates Network is an online group of young people from all over the world that supports IWHC’s mission and advocate in the digital space to help ensure the health and rights of women and girls worldwide. Sign up below to become a Young Advocate—stay connected and receive:
- Invitations to Friends of IWHC events taking place in New York and other events in the San Francisco’s Bay Area;
- Advocacy action alerts on urgent sexual and reproductive rights issues;
- Invitations to webinars with IWHC’s president, program staff, and thought leaders;
- Updates about the work IWHC is doing at the United Nations and in-country;
- Social media toolkits for Facebook and Twitter to highlight women’s rights issues.
At this event, Jennifer Dreher spoke about what our grassroots partners in Africa and South Asia are doing to ensure access to safe and legal abortion in their countries.
Our Young Advocates Network got a behind-the-scenes look at IWHC's Advocacy in Practice workshops, where we train young people to lobby at the UN and in government negotiations.
On July 29, 2013, IWHC’s Young Advocates screened "Made in India," a documentary about the phenomena of "outsourcing" surrogate mothers to India.