Our colleagues at World Pulse are accepting applications to for the second annual Voices of Our Future program, an online training program in web 2.0, citizen journalism, and empowerment for emerging grassroots women leaders from around the globe. Thirty applicants will be chosen to learn how to use social media to share their stories and visions for social change with a global audience.
Our 2010 Young Visionaries winner Sunita Basnet was a participant in the program last year, and we’d love to see more women get the training and support to speak up about their lives and social change efforts.
To apply, join the Voices of Our Future Applicants Group by September 14th, and begin doing the assignments. Applicants need to have reliable internet access for both the application process and the training itself. After being selected, the Correspondents will embark on a five-month online training on the frontiers of new media and women’s empowerment.
Participants will receive:
- Web 2.0 and citizen journalism training via phone and internet by renowned experts, including The Press Institute and The Op-Ed Project.
- Mentoring sessions and support via phone and internet from an Empowerment Mentor selected by The Empowerment Institute
- Publication in World Pulse Magazine
- Opportunities to connect with grassroots women leaders from around the globe
- Technology stipend to offset communications costs, based on individual need and circumstances
This is a great opportunity for women around the world!