Your web browser is out of date. Please upgrade it for a better experience viewing this website.

The Pope Condom

Written By: Audacia Ray
April 2, 2009

popecondom-copy
One of IWHC’s Brazilian partners sent us this picture – apparently they’re selling like hot cakes in France as a means of protesting the Pope’s recent declarations against the effectiveness of condoms.

Who says feminists aren’t funny?

27 Responses to "The Pope Condom"
  1. Zoe bond says:

Ugh I can’t stand one run losses fuck guys score a fucking run!!!!

2. My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on numerous websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated! Immobilienkreditrechner

3. Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have created some nice practices and we are looking to swap solutions with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested. Kaffeevollautomaten Test

4. Pete says:

Please let me know where you can buy these…

5. Pete says:

Please let me know where you can buy these…

6. audaciaray says:

I don't think they're for sale in the United States, sadly, but they're reportedly all over the place in Paris.

7. Heather says:

Buy two in case of a second coming!

8. Greg says:

Do his hands indicate what size the condom is for?

9. adamexcess says:

I completely believe this is an effective form of birth control.
    One look at Pope B16 and I loose all interest in sex…

10. arif says:

you mean her hands?

11. kat says:

It is a pity that the Pope never said 'no' to condom.

He said that the condom itself is not enough, monogamy, loving each other is more important.

I can understand, that some very trendy, but mindless overfeminist-overlibertarian brains eats everything hat the lying media puts in fornt of them.

Kisses
    Kat

12. Heather says:

Kat, Most thinking people take anything coming out of the Vatican with a grain of salt these days. Ratzi Boy destroys their credibility every time he opens his stupid pie hole.

13. Ken says:

To condemn simple technology designed to prevent pain, suffering and potential death, based on medieval concepts of morality, is just plain wrong and is in opposition to the basic tenants of all religions.

The picture combines the best use of humor, social commentary and new media to make a serious point with wide appeal. Bravo!

14. Chris H says:

The thing that I'm curious about — if these are French condoms, why are they printed in English? Either way, I want a dozen or three of these.

15. wifeofaFeministMan says:

I'd have loved to have these for the various boyfriends I had before my monogamous marriage. Hmm.

16. Jay says:

Probably a marketing choice.

17. jango says:

they could be BRITISH, ya know? They speak English too, and are in the EU.

• Jay says:

They're French. It says above that they're being sold in France.

France isn't in Britain, they speak French.

18. Jrae says:

seriously, how do you get these? there's got to be someone selling them online, right?

19. piano says:

I have read several good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you set to make the sort of wonderful informative site.